Price: $249 / person
This is the group and pillion riding tour. For exclusive self-riding tour with Honda CRF 250L or Kawasaki KLX 250 dirt bike, please contact us for more details
Solo traveller, please contact us for the best price offer!
Duration: 2 days
Departure: Tour starts at your location around 8 am.
• The price includes entrance fees, motorbikes, homestay, boat trips and cold water throughout the tour.
• The price is subject to change due to Vietnam’s public holidays. You may contact us for further details.
• Dirt-bike adventurous tour
• Riding along narrow tracks, maze of back roads and waterways
• Local customs and cuisines
• Tour guide and driver for pillion rider
• Saigon Riders’ motorcycles
• Entrance fees, boat tickets
• One-night homestay
• 2 lunches, 1 dinner
• Bike damage (e.g. broken levers, heavily bent rims/handlebars/frame, burnt out clutch plates due to improper gear use).
• Insurance, emergency transportation
• Tips to guide.
Our guide and drivers will pick you up at your hotel at 08.00 am. Riding pillion with our drivers you will escape through the south-west of the city through the “Beverly Hills of Saigon” in dist. 7.
We take a wooden ferry at 09.15 am across to Can Gio Island, drive the back roads through land containing shrimp farm, swallow bird houses for farming the bird nests, salt fields, and mangrove forest away from the tourist track to discover the real life of people living in this wetland.
Our stop is Vam Sat biosphere reserve. Here you will take a motorized wooden boat then a sampan, cruise zigzagging the quiet canals to the Bats reserve swamp. You will study how to fish for crab, have fun with crocodile fishing and climb up the observation tower to see the panorama of this vast forest wetland.
We can have lunch at a local restaurant with dishes at your request. After lunch, we travel to our homestay in Ben Tre and have the late afternoon and evening free to see how your hosts live and to discover the local village.
Exploring the Mekong delta on two wheels, you get a unique perspective on this scenic area as well as being a witness to daily life here as it has been going on for centuries. The lush delta is really a gift from the Creator for the almost 20 million inhabitants living and working on the lower section of one of the longest rivers on earth, providing rice, fruit, and aquatic products for the worldwide market. This fertile area is where the mighty Mekong River approaches the sea and splits into nine very big branches and then into a network of hundreds of tributaries. We call it “Cuu Long” or “Nine dragon’s river delta”.
Driving back roads mostly through villages away from the tourist track you discover the real life of people living along this magic river. We take quiet laneways and dirt paths weaving in and out of villages and fields waving to kids whizzing by on their way to school, saying “Xin Chao” (hello) to women pedaling gracefully in their traditional “ao dai” dresses, and hopping onto small ferries to cross the tributaries alongside elderly vendors carrying groceries on their bikes.
Next day, we will cruise past some interesting places such as old-style brick kilns before stopping at a coconut-processing workshop where you learn how the locals waste nothing from the coconut tree in making a variety of products, handicrafts, and candy. Transferring to bicycle, we cycle along trails under the green canopy of coconut plantation to a local host who owns a huge antique ceramic collection before stopping for a pleasant lunch of local specialties, including delicious “Elephant Ear fish”.
We also row a sampan along the tree-lined canals to get a closer look at life before taking our private boat back to the pier and riding on through many ride paddies, vegetable farms to Saigon in the late afternoon.
• This tour requires an adventurous spirit and a strong backside. Sturdy outdoor clothing and comfortable footwear is recommended.
• Tips for tour guide/rider are highly appreciated
• For exclusive self-ride tour dirt bike, please contact us for more details
• Other food choices are also catered, including vegetarian